[Pythonmac-SIG] WxPython for MacPython

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:11:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Chris Barker wrote:

> NOTE: Robin is is ing SWIG to build most of wxPython, so the first step
> would be to get SWIG working on the Mac, which would be handy for other
> purposes as well. Anyone working on that? (http://www.swig.org/)

There was a Mac port of an older version of Swig, which I have used.
(Should be on swig.org. ) It used a Tcl/Tk interface which, I believe,
needed some customization for the Mac version, but swig, for the most
part _ought_ to build on the Mac.

If there are any problems, you can always SWIG the interfaces on
another machine and then do the rest of the build on the Mac.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---

"There's a new programming language called C+++. It's 50% better than C++,
         but every time you compile, your modem hangs up."