[Pythonmac-SIG] blocksize problem? (ftplib)

JoanCarles p Casasín joanca@typerware.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:45:27 +0100

Sean Hummel <seanh@unforgettable.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, JoanCarles p Casas[ISO-8859-1] Ìn wrote:
>
>Well I'm not intimately familiar with the ftplib, but it looks as if you
>are trying to store the document as binary, when it is a text document.
>
>> #Erik guessed maybe has to do with the block size
>> #I've also tried 512, 2048 and 4096 and still missing
>> #something, different each time.
>> 		ftp.storbinary('STOR '+ docname, f, 1024)
>>
>> 		f.close()
>> 		ftp.close()

Yes, but part of the document is transfered. And I also tried:
ftp.storlines('STOR ' + docname, f) and didn't worked either.

>Also, have you actually tried trapping the output with something like
>"OTSessionWatcher"?  Just to make sure that ftplib is sending all the
>data?

ftplib sends data, but maybe not the whole thing.
I'm (very) beginner, I think I can imagine what the "OTSessionWatcher®"
should do but not sure to know how.

>Could just be a timing issue as well, try not closing the file "f",
>and seeing if the transfer works.

Actually I've tried your idea (don't closing the file) and didn't work.
:(

Thanks, any other idea?

JoanCarles

:::!!!:::