[Pythonmac-SIG] installation woes

Charlemagne Evans cko@chyden.net
Fri, 09 Jun 2000 22:44:01 -0400

Can someone point me to resources that will help me get Python to run on
my 500 MHz PowerBook G3, running Mac OS 9.0.4?

I've read Mr. Jansen's MacPython page, and the pages linked to it that
look relevant, but cannot find the answer to my question.

I downloaded Python 1.5.2 and ran the installer.  Installation looked as
though it went through without a hitch.

However...

When I run the Interpreter, I get:

Python 1.5.2c1 (#56, Apr 12 1999, 14:19:52)  [CW PPC w/GUSI w/MSL]
'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions

When I run EditPythonPrefs, I get:

'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "flap:jack:Python:Mac:scripts:EditPythonPrefs.py", line 7, in ?
ImportError: No module named Events

When I run ConfigurePython, I get:

'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "flap:jack:Python:Mac:scripts:ConfigurePython.py", line 11, in ?
ImportError: No module named os

Where should I turn for installation help?

Thank you for taking the time to read this far.

C.Evans