[Pythonmac-SIG] C module creation on MacPython

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:30:43 +0200

> > What is needed to create a c module in MacPython?
>
> Doug Wyatt gave some pointers for compiling with CodeWarrior.  If you
> don't have CodeWarrior, you can download MPW from Apple's ftp site for
> free and compile using that.

Corran,
I'm very surprised that your recipe works, as it mixes MPW libraries (in the
extension module) with CodeWarrior libraries (in PythonCore). I would expect
all sort of trouble with I/O, malloc/free, and possibly loads of other places.

If you're actually using this method, could you post a bit of information on
what works, what doesn't work and whether there are specific things you should
do (like calling printf, I can imagine)?