[Pythonmac-SIG] CommandHistoryPatch update

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 06:36:05 -0700

At 4:58 AM -0700 10/23/99, Oliver Steele wrote:

>Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!  I've changed the previous history
>key to ctl-uparrow (option-p was indeed a holdover from my MCL days); added
>ctl-downarrow for next history; and added the feature where typing on a
>previous line appends that line to the current input.

Sounds super!  I can't wait to try it!

>By the way, I extended (by subclassing) PatchUtils.Patch with a ReplaceLines
>command, since I needed to replace multiple lines.  I wouldn't mind if this
>code were moved into PatchUtils.py.

Makes perfect sense to me -- I just added patching functions in there on an
"as needed" basis.  I'll roll that code in ASAP.  But I have relatives
visiting this weekend, and shortly after they leave I'm off to Switzerland
for a few days, so it might be a week or two before I get to it.  Just ping
me again if I seem to forget.

Thanks for the cool patch, Oliver!

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |