[Pythonmac-SIG] parameters to Scrap.GetScrap( ??, ??)

James B. Wilkinson jimmy@cs.cofc.edu
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:10:09 -0400

I'm trying to call Scrap.GetScrap, and I'm having trouble giving it
parameters that it likes.  I want the second parameter to be 'TEXT', but I
can't find a way to tell it that. I'm passing None for the first parameter,
thinking that that might give me the result of passing NIL (Inside Mac V
1). It's not complaining about that, so maybe it's ok.

Inside Mac says the second parameter should be ResType, a 4-byte string.
I've tried giving it 'TEXT', and I've tried converting those four bytes to
the equivalent integer. I don't know what to try next. Can somebody give me
a clue?

Here's what I get when I try it:

    length, offset = Scrap.GetScrap(None, 'TEXT')
TypeError: Resource required

Thanks.

Jimmy Wilkinson            | Perfesser of Computer Science
jimmy@cs.CofC.edu          | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424

If there is one word to describe me,
that word would have to be "profectionist".