[Pythonmac-SIG] Pyml for Macintosh and related thoughts

Corran Webster cwebster@nevada.edu
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:25:16 -0700 (PDT)

I've been playing with David Konerding's Pyml modules which provide acces
to Mathematica from Python and seem to have it compiling and working on
the mac (Python 1.5.2 with Mathematica 4.0).

Not wanting to duplicate effort, has anyone else done this previously?
And if not, is there interest in making the compiled module available for
others to download (I'd need to get in touch with the author to find the
best way to do this)?

This raises a more general point: should there be a repository of
extension modules compiled for Mac Python.  Some modules aren't going to
be compilable - like some of the Zope stuff which requires threads - but
an archive of those which can be, would be a boon for the community, and
aid in compatibility between platforms.

I guess ideally, the module authors would maintain mac versions, but
that's probably unrealsitic given that most work in a Unix/Windows world.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Corran