[Pythonmac-SIG] CommandHistoryPatch

savageb savageb@pacbell.net
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:02:55 -0700

>From: Chris Barker <cbarker@jps.net>
>Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG] CommandHistoryPatch
>Date: Mon, Oct 18, 1999, 10:48 AM
>

> Another great addition form Oliver Steele!

I agree.

> Why not bind "previous command" to the "up arrow"?
> That's how it is at the Unix command line, and it's very handy, and
> easy. I can't imagine what else you would want the up arrow for.

Hmmm...well at the moment I tend to use the up arrow to move the cursor
around (I know, "Get a mouse!"), but perhaps I wouldn't be as inclined to do
that if I had a command history, since that is a big part of why I do it in
the first place. Would it really be so bad to make it ctrl-up/ctrl-down?

Bob