[Pythonmac-SIG] Build Application/Applet

Chris,Mann cmann@pobox.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:37:25 -0400

>> Hi-
>>     I wrote a little script to parse email digests into a tab delimited
>> format.  If I save the script as an applet from the IDE everything is fine.
>> but if i use either the Build Application or Build Applet tools, I get a
>> error saying there's a syntax error in my script (this happens when the tool
>> is writing __main__).  any ideas on where to look for the problem?

I figured out what the problem was.  One of the lines in my script had a tab
after the text but before the linefeed.  Once I removed that tab, everything
built fine.  Should this really affect building the application?

-chris