[Pythonmac-SIG] Build Application/Applet

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:51:25 +0200

> Hi-
>     I wrote a little script to parse email digests into a tab delimited
> format.  If I save the script as an applet from the IDE everything is fine.
> but if i use either the Build Application or Build Applet tools, I get a
> error saying there's a syntax error in my script (this happens when the tool
> is writing __main__).  any ideas on where to look for the problem?

Well, a good place would be the line where it reports the syntax error:-)

Seriously: I assume that you don't get that info, for some reason. Try running
your script with the interpreter (in stead of with the IDE), maybe it'll fail
there too (and then, hopefully, with a linenumber).

> I'm assuming if I can get Build Application to work, then people I give the
> script to won't have to have Python installed, correct?

Right.