[Pythonmac-SIG] [Q] how to disable stderr/stdout console?

Glenn Andreas gandreas@visi.com
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:37:55 -0600

At 5:23 PM +0100 12/28/99, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Recently, Giorgio Brajnik <giorgio@dimi.uniud.it> said:
> > On the other hand, don't you think that initialization of python
> > should allow more freedom to the api programmer? Perhaps by leaving as
> > option the call to init_mac_world() ?
>
>I was already going to change this, by adding a do_init_toolbox
>argument to PyMac_Initialize(), but then I remembered (or seem to
>remember:-) that multiple toolbox initializations shouldn't do any
>harm. And as PyMac_Initialize needs (some of) the toolboxes to be initialized
>the only option your program has is to initialize them earlier, in
>which case the init_mac_world() call in PyMac_Initialize is a no-op.
>--

Unless somebody wants to write a faceless background only application
that uses Python, since BOAs don't call all the toolbox init calls
(they don't call InitMenu() or InitWindow(), IIRC).

And we want Python and BOAs to get along, after all (sorry, couldn't
resist the pun).

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas@delver.com
Author of Macintosh games: Theldrow 2.3, Blobbo 1.0.2, Cythera 1.0.2
Be good, and you will be lonesome