[Pythonmac-SIG] [Q] how to disable stderr/stdout console?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:23:48 +0100

Recently, Giorgio Brajnik <giorgio@dimi.uniud.it> said:
> On the other hand, don't you think that initialization of python
> should allow more freedom to the api programmer? Perhaps by leaving as
> option the call to init_mac_world() ?

I was already going to change this, by adding a do_init_toolbox
argument to PyMac_Initialize(), but then I remembered (or seem to
remember:-) that multiple toolbox initializations shouldn't do any
harm. And as PyMac_Initialize needs (some of) the toolboxes to be initialized
the only option your program has is to initialize them earlier, in
which case the init_mac_world() call in PyMac_Initialize is a no-op.