[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS X Server installation documentation

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 13:18:19 -0500

on 12/4/99 2:19 AM, savageb at savageb@pacbell.net wrote:

> Just installed Python 1.5.2 on MacOS X Server. I followed the instructions
> at http://xclave.macnn.com/Features/QuickNDirty/ to whit:

Does this configure/install it with threads and shared libs?  Threads is
easy to configure, getting shared libraries has been a bitch (the
--with-dyld didn't work on its own, and --with-next-framework gave me a lot
of difficulties.  Shared libs and threads are needed for Zope).

Does any one know of any initiative to get such a Python into the Darwin
base?  That way, Python will show up in both MacOS X and MacOS X Server
(rumors are that the next Server release will be Darwin based).

--
Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.zope.org/