[Pythonmac-SIG] AESend and "Event Manager" events...

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:57:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi Python-Mac folks....

   OK.. this shows my real lack of Mac-knowledge (I'm not even sure
this is really a python question.. but what the heck.. I'm using
python to implement it... if it's possible to implement at all!). I
need to work out some scheme for sending keystrokes to an app.  I've
read through "Event Manager" and the PPC stuff in Inside Mac VI... but
it seems like 'high level events' and 'plain old ordinary events' are
completely different. I was hoping I could use the python AE module to
'AESend' a plain old keyDown event to any old app that I could find
with PPCBrowser()... but I'm missing something important!  Is there
some way to 'coerce' a high level event (send with AESend) to an
EventRecord with an "event.what" of keyDown?

thanks,
-steve