[Pythonmac-SIG] console vs. BuildApplication

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:20:45 +0100

> I have built a python/tk application using the BuildApplication utility and
> it appears that the console window cannot be hidden when using applications
> built in this manner.  I have specified the "Delay console window until
> needed" option for the application but the console still comes up when the
> application launches.  This wouldn't be all that annoying if it at least
> came up in behind the tk window.  Is there an alternate method used to hide
> the console for python applications?

Hmm, strange. Just that we're talking about the same thing: you do understand
that the console will pop up as soon as you write something to it or read from
it, even with the "hidden until needed" bit on? It may be that someone is
writing to it, somewhere, which you could circumvene by redirecting
stdin/stdout/stderr somewhere.