[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython Shell & img doc

RJLacey@aol.com RJLacey@aol.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 00:24:18 EDT

At work the Python shell on a Sun uses the emacs line editing controls, and
the NT binary I downloaded uses the arrow keys, but the Mac binary (FAT to get
NumPy) doesn't supply any line editing.  Is there any way to make the arrow
keys work?

This isn't Mac specific, it also occurs on NT (I haven't tried it on the Sun),
but when I import a module, and I have to fix it - import and compilation
work, but the logic is bad - importing it again does not work.  The shell
appears to be looking at the old compiled module and the new code.  It
certainly generates a peculiar stack trace.  Do I have to delete the old x.pyc
file, or is there some command that will "unimport" a module?

How can I get documentation for the img extension?  The instructions that were
included in the MacPython download didn't make any sense to me at all - I'm a
user not a guru.  Specifically, the files referred to were not included in the
distribution.

Thank you.