[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: OSA compliance

Bob Savage savage@2xtreme.net
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:30:24 -0800

Steven D. Majewski wrote:
>I'm forwarding this for the
>second item about OSA/scripting support in Mac OS Runtime for Java:
>
>  <http://stories.userland.com/ticketReader$18>
>

>I haven't looked at the examples referred to in the new release yet,
>so I'm not exactly sure what you can do with it, but it's clearly
>another way to integrate Java and CPython on the Mac.

This is very interesting indeed! It seems that any OSA-compliant language
could fully use the Java Gui facilities.

I looked at the OSA stuff that came with Py 1.5, but I decided against
getting involved with it at this stage because it said that the whole model
for inter-application messaging was going to be rewritten. Has there been
any progress on this front?

Bob (who is not a nimble enough programmer to adapt quickly when APIs change)

Bob