[PYTHONMAC-SIG] MacPython IDE?

Just van Rossum just@knoware.nl
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 19:23:55 +0100

Hi,

At 12:39 PM 2/20/97, Mark Guzdial wrote:
>I was looking through my archive of PythonMac-SIG email, and came across this:
>15 Sep 1996, Just van Rossum --
>
>  Well, I have an attempt at such a thing going, but it's not *near*
>  beta. Integrated editor (supports collapsing!) and run
>  command is there, Jack's working on a graphical debugger, so
>  somehow I believe there'll be something very nice at some
>  point. I don't know yet how to do syntax highlighting
>  efficiently.
>
>Could Just or Jack post a report on current status?  Sounds exciting and
>was curious to hear if this was something that we might play with yet.

Update:

I have a new attempt at such a thing going, but it's not ready yet...
Integrated editor (does not support collapsing :-(, but works ;-) and run
command is there as well. Jack has a graphical debugger (TWIT), so somehow
I believe there'll be something very nice at some point. Syntax
highlighting should somehow be possible (I'm using waste). There is a nice
(doubleclickable) traceback window.
I'll try and put something together soon-ish.

>(Actually, what I was looking for in the archive is the BBEdit extension to
>run Python scripts.  I found Just's message, but can't find the archive.
>Is it posted somewhere?  Thanks!)

It's included in the 1.4 distribution:
        $(PYTHON):Mac:Tools:BBPy:

Just