[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Re: GUSI

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:29:27 +0200

> from ftplib import FTP
> x = FTP()
> x.set_debuglevel(2)
> x.connect("anyoldhost", 21)	# FTP_PORT = 21
>
> Somewhere in here the TCP receive routines would hang waiting for a long
> time (despite some of the server's welcome text getting printed), and
> _Fread would get into the bad state of counting down from 0xFFFFFFFF.

No problem here, it works fine. One change I made since the 1.4b3 distribution
is that I changed all the makefile('r') to makefile('rb') in ftplib.py, maybe
that makes a difference?
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm