[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Python and Alpha?

John Dunning jdunning@mfactory.com
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 12:23:40 -0700

I was wondering if anyone had created a Python mode for Alpha.  If you
haven't heard of Alpha, I strongly suggest  you check it out at
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~keleher/alpha.html.  It's a very powerful Mac text
editor that is completely customizable using Tcl.  It has various modes for
C++, HTML, etc., which it uses for syntax coloring and so on.  So I wanted
to find one for Python.

I also wanted to find out if anyone has looked at adding a simple DoScript
AppleEvent to the Python shell.  You can send an MPW script to ToolSever in
a DoScript event and it then returns the shell's response.  With this
functionality it's possible to create a simple shell inside Alpha that
would send scripts to Python and would give you much better editing
capabilities while using Python in interactive mode.

John

John Dunning              Interface Designer             jdunning@mfactory.com