[PythonCAD] About to make seventeenth release

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Sat Oct 2 19:34:58 CEST 2004

Hi.

It will probably go out tomorrow morning.

I've updated the subversion repo, and if you pull from it you'll get a
large number of changes. The 'Interface' and 'Generic' directories are
now below a 'PythonCAD' directory, and nearly all the files have had
changes in the 'import' statements to reflect the file movement. Also,
the 'import' statements will now be like 'import PythonCAD.Generic.foo'
or 'from Python.Generic import foo', as the sys.path variable will not
be tweaked to automatically include a 'PythonCAD' directory in the
search path. This change makes PythonCAD act like a better neighbor to
all other Python programs, Zope in particular.

The file movement changes have broken the Cocoa interface, and I won't
be able to fix that before making the release. The last release was in
June, and I want to get this out so that people can start trying out the
latest features like printing. I'm hoping the next release will work
on Cocoa.

Art