[python-win32] Pythoncom PROPVARIANT

Nicholas Pfeiffer renderyourworld at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:00:43 EDT 2022

Hi there,

Where is the PROPVARIANT class located in the pythoncom library?
The docs are not helpful about this:
http://timgolden.me.uk/pywin32-docs/PyPROPVARIANT.html

I've seen postings that use the propsys module but that one no longer
contains the PROPVARIANT class unfortunately.

I'm wondering if this class exists in a different package or if I can
somehow recreate it?

I need to write new properties to a file but using the WriteMultiple method
will only let me write Strings with a prop variable id of 8 and I need them
to show up as "Text" which has a prop variable id of 30.

The only way I understand how to do this is to wrap the values used in the
WriteMultiple method in a PROPVARIANT class call, but I haven't be able to
figure out where that class is called from.

Thanks for your help