[python-win32] How to find corresponding WMI/COM object for given Windows Registry key?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Jun 17 23:45:54 CEST 2012

On 17/06/2012 20:34, Radek Holý wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm playing with pywin32 and wmi modules last week. During my
> experiments I found some attribute/method of some object
> (COMObject/_wmi_object) or its property which listed the Windows
> Registry key path which is set by the object.
> Don’t you know which object/attribute it was?
>
> Don’t you know how to find corresponding WMI/COM object for given
> Windows Registry key? Is there any useful table of this mapping on the
> web?
>
> Thank you very much

<code>
import wmi

reg = wmi.WMI (namespace="default").StdRegProv

reg.EnumKey (...) # etc.

</code>

BTW -- not that this answers your question -- did you see that
there's a mini-webapp which comes with the wmi distribution
called wmiweb.py?

It gives an easy way to browse the WMI namespaces? It has no
search capability to it wouldn't have helped much with this
question unless you could remember which namespace it was in
but in case you're experimenting elsewhere....

TJG