[python-win32] gencache module and read-only access to python dir

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jun 21 08:38:52 CEST 2007

> I've noticed that the GetModuleForTypelib always (or at least
> once per
> program-run) calls AddModuleToCache (both in
> win32com.client.gencache).
>
> This results in an attempt to write to the pickled dictionary
> gen_py/dicts.dat.

I'm glad you sorted your problem, but the above certainly does sound like a
bug - the dicts.dat file should only be written when a new module is added
to the dir, not when an existing module is imported.  If you or anyone feels
like digging into this, feel free to ask for help and/or send me a patch
which addresses it.

Cheers,