[python-win32] Backing up and clearing event logs

Mårten Hedman marten.hedman at btk.fi
Tue Jul 24 10:18:59 CEST 2007

Tim Golden wrote:
> Roger Upole wrote:
>> Tim Golden wrote:
>>> PS As a footnote, I have this very frustrating experience where
>>> *some* people -- and it looks to me as though you're one of
>>> them -- get the property passthrough stuff for free (ie it would
>>> happen even without my module) where I never do. I've never
>>> managed to track this down. TJG
>> The difference is most likely due to whether or not the makepy
>> generated module has been created for WMI objects.
>> If it has, only the standard methods from the typelib are
>> directly available (_Properties, _Methods, etc).
>>
>>         Roger
>
> Thanks, Roger. That was my thought, too, but I tried
> it backwards, forwards, with, without and still
> couldn't get it to happen for me. (It was a while
> ago and I probably wasn't very methodical but...)
>
> At some point I'll sit down calmly and give it
> another go, but there's no real incentive for
> me. It's just curious.
>
> TJG

Just a comment: My current, temporary, Python environment is very basic,
only Python 2.5.1, pywin32 v. 210 and wmi.py v. 1.3 on a WinXP SP2
laptop. I have not run makepy on any type libraries. Should I do this,
and in that case on which library? Most of my work related python
programming has to do with administrating a Windows 2003 domain.

Mårten