[python-win32] Getting pywin32 build number

Luc Saffre luc.saffre at gmx.net
Thu May 25 11:02:37 CEST 2006

I support Justin's request: the pywin32.version.txt has been a big step
forward, but it is still not easy to get this information (in a reliable
way) from within user code. Python packages usually provide a
__version__ variable in their __init__.py.

http://www.python.org/~jeremy/weblog/030924.html
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0314/

It is true that pywin32 has a lot of modules, so you must use some trick
to avoid having to update each __init__.py manually before a release.

Luc