[python-win32] EventLog Parsing

Richard Eibrand richard.eibrand at propylon.com
Wed Sep 29 10:39:59 CEST 2004

Hi All,

My first foray into the world of python, and I'm liking it ;-)

I have to write a prog to monitor the windows event log files, and that in
itself is not a problem for the three standard EventLog files
(Application, Security and System). The thing is that I do not have access
to the machine I am writting the app for, so I got a copy of the event
files and loaded it into the mmc.

What I'd like to do, is to read the new event file that was loaded into
the mmc via using the python app that I'm writting, any
ideas/thoughts/suggestions whether this is possible or not?

All the best,

Richard