[python-win32] More details of Python Win degredation

jkreps at rev.state.ne.us jkreps at rev.state.ne.us
Fri Feb 27 09:13:23 EST 2004

Have you tried reverting to a previous release?

You could always give Boa_constructor a shot.  It works great for me on the
same platform you are using.
============
JLK
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/introtolinux.html

                      Bob Gailer
                      <bgailer at alum.rpi.ed        To:       python-win32 at python.org
                      u>                          cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  [python-win32] More details of Python Win
                      python-win32-bounces         degredation
                      @python.org

                      02/27/2004 07:15 AM

What I see:

Python Win loads very slowly.

On debugging I get a LoadBarState failed - LoadBarState failed (with win32
exception!).

Returning later and trying to open a file I get:

   File "L:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\mfc\docview.py",
line 91, in CreateNewFrame
     wnd.LoadFrame(self.GetResourceID(), -1, None, context)      # triggers

OnCreateClient...
win32ui: LoadFrame failed
win32ui: CreateNewFrame() virtual handler (<bound method
SyntEditTemplate.CreateNewFrame of
<pywin.framework.editor.color.coloreditor.SyntEditTemplate instance at
0x0109D9B8>>) raised an exception
TypeError: PyCTemplate::CreateNewFrame must return a PyCFrameWnd object.

Going into debug - first the 3 extra debugger windows appear. Starting a
2nd debugging gives:
LoadBarState failed - LoadBarState failed (with win32 exception!) and the 3

windows do not appear.

I am really sad and frustrated, because I have used Python Win for over a
year with great success. I love it. I do not know what I will replace it
with, but as of now it does not work. All my other Windows programs seem to

work fine. (MS Word, FoxPro, etc).

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625 home