[python-win32] py2exe Probs with Visual SourceSafe TLB

jkreps at rev.state.ne.us jkreps at rev.state.ne.us
Fri Feb 27 09:09:43 EST 2004

setup.py
**************************************
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(name="anyname",
      description="Python Version of anyname",
      version='1.0',
      windows=["anyname.py",],
      data_files=[("/full/path/to/gif",["RPTLOGO2.gif",]),
("/full/path/to/data",["datafile1","datafile2","datafile3",])]
)

                      Andreas Maurer <pyama at snafu.de>
                      Sent by:                                           To:       python-win32 at python.org
                      python-win32-bounces+jkreps=rev.state.ne.us        cc:
                      @python.org                                        Subject:  [python-win32] py2exe Probs with Visual SourceSafe
                                                                          TLB

                      02/27/2004 05:25 AM

Hi everybody,

I've written a little script using the Visual SourceSafe
automation lib. I've also accoplished the makepy utility
for this lib.
When I'm running the script with the common python interpreter
also works fine.

When I compile it, I Get some problems with some VSS Attributes
like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "get_VSS.py", line 150, in ?
    SSTopLevelPrj = SSTopLevelPrj.GetVersion(VSSVer)
  File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyo", line 477, in __getattr__
AttributeError: VSSItem.GetVersion

The GetVersion-attrib doesn't appear in "normal" SourceSafe.
Python (makepy) will change the Version get property to the
GetVersion method.

Any way, the same problem I see with constants like
constants.VSSFILE_...

How can I tell the py2exe compiler to use this things?

Some description of my environment:

Python: ver. 2.3.3
py2exe: ver. 0.5.0
win32all: build 200