[python-win32] Python Win broken again

jkreps at rev.state.ne.us jkreps at rev.state.ne.us
Thu Feb 26 16:10:30 EST 2004

Bob,
I haven't used PythonWin...
I am running Win2K with all the latest patches on a DELL Optiplex GX260,
using the GUI RAD dev tool called  Boa_constructor (v0.2.3) on top of
wxPython + wxWindows 2.4.2.4 on top of Python 2.3.2.   The backend is
Oracle and the ODBC is mxODBC.  I use py2exe to generate an exe.
  I've been using this tool combo for about 4 months without any problems.
I am testing this combo as a tool to generate exe's for use inhouse.

What kind of error msgs do you get when you use something like the
following?:
try:
...some button event code...
except:
    err = sys.exc_info()[:2]
    print "exception: ", sys.exc_info()[:2]
============
JLK
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/introtolinux.html

                      Bob Gailer
                      <bgailer at alum.rpi.ed        To:       python-win32 at python.org
                      u>                          cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  [python-win32] Python Win broken again
                      python-win32-bounces
                      @python.org

                      02/26/2004 02:58 PM

I threw Win 2003 out the window, and am running Win 2000 Advanced server.
Python Win performed OK until today; now it is degrading rapidly. I am
using Word 2000 and Visual FoxPro 8 as COM objects. It ran OK for a little
time, now has various symptoms as giving errors on trying to step into a
module in the debugger, and menus and tool bar buttons failing to operate.
Rebooting has no effect.

I am VERY discouraged, as I have depended on this tool for over a year to
do my work, and now I continue to be unable to do my work. Sigh. Is there
something I need to do differently, or something I need to avoid?

Can ANYONE help?

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625 home