[python-win32] GUI Rad for Python win32

Somesh Bartakke somesh at qviqsoft.com
Mon Apr 5 00:32:41 EDT 2004

thanx to all you replying me instantly,
am looking for win32 specific RAD so Boa + wxGlade+ SpecTix are Not useful
for me.
This suggestion by 'kno' is seems to be good idea for me.
if possible plz source code, demo make available for me, i tried small
dialog with the method 'Rsource only dll' but "Unable to show Menu on
dialog" plz let me know wot is problem with my dll ?
am new to win32 platform !!

>If you are interested in using the Windows API (i.e. win32all) and not some
other API like >wxWindows you can use Microsoft Visual Studio to design all
of your dialog boxes, etc. and >then create a dll with just the resources
from Visual Studio in it.  Then within your python code >you call
win32ui.LoadLibrary to load the resources and use them.
>i tried same...

>This is not really a RAD solution but it works pretty well and it does the
hardest part for you >>>(the layout of the dialog boxes.)  You still have to
manually add code to actually use the >dialog resources but this is straight
forward and you can start with the examples in win32all to >get going pretty
quickly.  If you are interested in going this route I can send you some
example >code of how I do it.  Also look at Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson's
"Python Programming >on Win32" book, Chapter 20 in particular.

Mark has put some lines and raised curiosity of next release, he should have
been in the marketing team of M$ :) (plz dont mind on comments ) but am
really curious @ next release @ using .rc file,
is it possible for me to use it from SpamBayes directly ? how ?

its really gr8 interactive group !

somesh
Q-Soft Pvt Ltd, Pune-India