[python-win32] Re: embedding an excel object

Peter Schay pschay@pobox.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:19:10 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, I have the O'Reilly
book and I'm doing what I can to figure this out
myself.  I will follow up on the google pointer you
suggested.  Still, the main reason I sent a query to
this list was that I suspected the answer might be an
easy one for somebody.  I fear that it's definitely
going to take me some time on my own, and I would love
to get this working sooner rather than later.
I tried to call win32com.client.GetObject() with the
clsid of the Excel thing I found with the OLE/COM
browser, but I got an error.  Is that the right way to
start?  Does GetObject() create an instance of a
registered server interface or am I on the wrong
track?

So far I *have* had some success with COM clients and
servers but I am obviously still a beginner here.
Thanks,
Pete