[python-uk] PyCon UK 2017 practicalities

Peter Inglesby peter.inglesby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 18:09:34 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Here's a version of an email with some conference practicalities that we've
just sent to all ticket holders.  (Not a ticket holder?  Get your ticket
here <http://2017.pyconuk.org/tickets/>!)

*Hotels*

We understand that some Cardiff hotels are getting booked up over the
conference
weekend.  We have put together a list of hotels in central
<http://2017.pyconuk.org/accommodation/>Cardiff
<http://2017.pyconuk.org/accommodation/>, and if you have not already
booked a room, we encourage you to do so soon!

*Accessibility, childcare, and dietary requirements*

It is important to us that the conference is inclusive of the whole
community.  If you have any particular accessibility, childcare, or dietary
requirements, please let us know by filling in your profile
<https://hq.pyconuk.org/profile/> when you buy your ticket.

You can read more about our approach to diversity, accessibility, and
inclusion <http://2017.pyconuk.org/diversity-accessibility-inclusion/> on
our website.

*Conference programme*

This evening we announced details of our keynote speakers
<http://uk.python.org/news/2017/08/23/pyconuk-keynotes-announced/>, and
we'll be announcing the full programme soon.

If you submitted a proposal to our Call for Participation, or an
application for financial assistance, you should hear from us by the end of
the weekend.

*Staying in touch*

You can keep up with the latest from the conference committee by
subscribing to UK Python News <http://uk.python.org/>, and following us on
Twitter <https://twitter.com/PyConUK>.

We hope to see many of you in Cardiff in October!

~ Peter Inglesby
PyCon UK 2017 Chair