[python-nl] Summaries PUN 22 October 2014

Maurits van Rees maurits at vanrees.org
Thu Oct 23 00:19:19 CEST 2014

Dirkjan Ochtman schreef op 22-10-14 22:45:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Maurits van Rees <maurits at vanrees.org> wrote:
>> My summaries of this evenings's talks:
>> http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2014/10/pun
> Thanks for the notes!
>
> To be honest, I find it too bad that these meetings aren't being
> talked about on this list anymore, at all. Could organizers or whoever
> wants to be a bridge between meetup and this list keep us up to date?
> I guess if I'm really the only person who dislikes Meetup I'll have to
> just get into it, but I'd really rather not.

Last week I too had to look up when and where the meetup was, buried
somewhere in the archives and a no longer working link. It may have been
less clear this time because there was unclarity about whether this was
the regular three-monthly PUN or a meetup specifically for Pythonistas
in Amsterdam that was expanded to the whole country just this once.

Also, in this case you really had to register yourself for the meeing at
meetup.com because there was limited room. I was put on the waiting list
initially. The 'limited' room was actually 80 people, which is a lot
more than we are used to as an audience for the PUNs. So meetup.com
really is recommended: at the very least the organizers get an idea of
how many people are coming and can adjust their food and drink supply.

I only use Meetup for the Python groups. I have no problems with it. I
don't get spammed, except for the weekly email with meetups that don't
usually interest me, but I have just changed my account settings to no
longer receive that.  So: Meetup is fine with me.

BUT: I fully expect that Python meetings are announced on this list.
And I hope that organizers don't mind if the few non-meetup users simply
send an e-mail to announce that they are coming.

Hope to see you next time.

When and where?

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/