[python-nl] Lightning talk on Dragonfly

Christo Butcher christo at twizzy.biz
Fri Nov 21 12:29:57 CET 2008

Hello Python users,

This Thursday at the PUN meeting in Rotterdam I'm going to give
a small presentation on Dragonfly, a speech recognition
extension library.  In case you're interested in reading about
it beforehand, it's available here:
http://code.google.com/p/dragonfly/

This is a library I built to interface with several speech
recognition engines.  It currently supports Dragon
NaturallySpeaking and Window Speech Recognition (comes with
Vista).  Dragonfly takes care of the low-level interface and
offers the user a high-level language object model.  (Sadly
enough, both of these engines are currently only available on
Microsoft Windows.)

I use Dragonfly mainly for controlling applications and
automating tasks, since I do most of my computer work with
speech recognition.  Dragonfly is, however, just as well suited
to speech-enabling any other Python programs.
Examples of the "command-modules" I use are available here:
http://dragonfly-modules.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/command-modules/documentation/index.html

Hope to see you Thursday,
 -- Chris.