[Python-mode] python-mode and ipython.el

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Tue Jan 11 16:47:53 CET 2011

Hi Guys,

Somewhat unrelated to the release of python-mode...

I wonder if anyone is using python-mode together with ipython as the
interpreter... do you use then ipython's ipython.el?

My problem is that previously (I think with emacs 22 and snapshots prior 23),
when I used python-mode + ipython.el, completions in the python shell were
working just fine.  Then after some upgrade (sorry, I do not recollect when it
happened but may be nearly a year ago) -- completions stopped working. Now I am
using emacs 23.2+1-7 on Debian, python shell can't complete even environment
names, not to mention attributes of the modules/objects:

Using the CPython shell
Can't find completion for "nump" [2 times]
Can't find completion for "numpy"
Can't find completion for "numpy."

I just thought to ask here first ;-)