Where I do ask for a new feature

Bongo Ferno bongoferno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 23:16:37 EDT 2023

On Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 11:26:52 PM UTC-3, avi.e... at gmail.com wrote:

> There are many ways to make transient variables that disappear at some time
> and do we need yet another? Yes, you can create one of those ways but what
> is the big deal with deleting a variable when no longer used?

Assigning a variable to something can be anything else than a temporal alias.
A with statement makes clear that the alias is an alias and is local, and it automatically clears the variable after the block code is used.

Python clutters the variable space with vars that are needed only on certain places, and an alias doesn't has a scope.
Convenient alias are short names, and short names are limited in quantity. If the space is cluttered with short alias, it opens risks for wrong utilization.

Its like writing a "for i" in a list comprehension and having to worry if "i" was already used in another place..