Where I do ask for a new feature

avi.e.gross at gmail.com avi.e.gross at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 22:26:20 EDT 2023

Bongo,

Variables in most programming languages either have to be removed manually
or allowed to drift outside a boundary  when they disappear for scoping
reasons and perhaps are garbage collected at some point.

There are many ways to make transient variables that disappear at some time
and do we need yet another? Yes, you can create one of those ways but what
is the big deal with deleting a variable when no longer used?

Examples might be the "finally" clause or the "with" statement or just
putting the variable in a nested scope.