pip/pip3 confusion and keeping up to date

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net
Mon Nov 6 16:28:56 EST 2023

Am Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 08:58:00AM +0100 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

> I know that debian packagers create debian packages
> from Python distributions not using the approach sketched above
> and likely they have their reasons.
>
> You might want to discuss this on an `apt` related mailing list.

Yeah, I guess. I know all this stuff about python modules
being packaged for Debian and how apt handles dependencies
etc etc.

I had just hoped someone here might have a handy pointer for
how to deal with modules having to be installed from pip for
use with an apt-installed python-based application.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B