Tkinter docs?

Rob Cliffe rob.cliffe at btinternet.com
Fri May 26 11:41:31 EDT 2023

Thanks to everyone who replied.  All replies were constructive, none
were telling me to stop belly-aching.
I forgot/omitted to state that it was I who wrote the original project
(in a completely different language), making the task of re-writing it
much less formidable.  And meaning that I am familiar with the general
concepts of building a GUI.  Still, it will be a lot of work.

Grant, I may well buy one of the books you suggested.
I find the topic of themes and styles the hardest one to get my head
around (if anyone knows a good introduction that would be fantastic).
All the other stuff is OK provided I can find something on the net to
give me the necessary information, which so far I usually can.

Christian, I am adopting your suggestion of using ttk widgets, except
for Button objects, because
     The colour of tk.Button objects can be set directly (bg=... fg=...)
     On my platform (Windows10) the shadowing of tk.Button objects is
more conspicuous (without using styles or whatever).

Best wishes
Rob Cliffe