Python not showing correct version

Sumeet Firodia ssfirodia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 08:27:11 EDT 2023

Hi Barry,

This is getting more complicated.
As per the command you shared, below is the output

C:\Users\admin>py -3.8 -m pip --version
pip 19.2.3 from
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\pip
(python 3.8)

For pip --version below is the output

C:\Users\admin>pip --version
pip 23.0.1 from
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.10_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python310\site-packages\pip
(python 3.10)

Now if I want to upgrade the pip version it says requirement already met

C:\Users\admin>python -m pip install --upgrade pip
Requirement already satisfied: pip in
c:\users\admin\appdata\local\packages\pythonsoftwarefoundation.python.3.10_qbz5n2kfra8p0\localcache\local-packages\python310\site-packages
(23.0.1)

Please let me know how can I cleanup everything so that I dont see python
3.10.10 and can work with 3.8

Thanks
Sumeet