Patrick Sheehan: Major Issues with Python

Patrick Sheehan patricksheehan.writer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 16:03:55 EDT 2023

Hello,
I have been working with the attached book (See photo) to try to learn
Python and so far it has been a complete nightmare trying to get python
installed and operating correctly.  I have received a plethora of error
messages and consulted youtube videos and chat groups to try to remedy the
issues.  I am using a computer that is running Windows 10.  I have
installed, and un-installed several versions of Python and was able to
complete the first two lessons in the attached book, but could not complete
lesson 3 (Turtledemo)...Some of the error messages I have received
include:  "This app cannot run on your PC"; "Unable to initialize device
PRN"; “Python is not recognized as an internal or external command”:
"Python was not found: run without arguments to install from Microsoft
Store, or disable this shortcut from settings mange, app execution
aliases:"...I have been at this for 4 days now at least three hours each
day...Any information or help you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.  Additionally, I do have PyCharm installed (As you can tell, I
am a beginner), is PyCharm the same thing as Python?  Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,
Patrick Sheehan