Distributing program for Linux

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Wed Mar 15 07:02:29 EDT 2023

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de> writes:

> I am aware that an individual user could use (mini)conda to install a
> more recent version of Python in his/her home directory, but I am
> interested in how root would install such a program.

Root would install the script and required Python version somewhere
depending any site specific practices and then use things like pyenv,
stow, environment modules or whatever to give the users access to it.

Root might even package your script with the interpreter required into
one binary. See Tools/freeze in the source distribution.