Can you process seismographic signals in Python or should I switch to Matlab ?

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Mon Mar 13 11:15:59 EDT 2023

On 3/13/2023 12:39 AM, a a wrote:
> But what I need is analysis of seismograms from 4,000 seismographs world wide to detect P-wave energy distribution underground around the earthquake to verify EQ Domino Effect

In that case, you will have to do a great deal of work to get all that
data into a common usable form, cleaned and errors removed.  That will
be a lot of effort no matter what language you use.  In the Matplotlib
lesson you pointed to, the work was already done, for one one earthquake
at one location.

The reference I gave,
https://towardsdatascience.com/earthquake-time-series-forecasts-using-a-hybr

id-clustering-lstm-approach-part-i-eda-6797b22aed8c

actually includes a Python script that does this work for some selected
ranges of data, so it might be a good starting point.