How to escape strings for re.finditer?

avi.e.gross at gmail.com avi.e.gross at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 18:08:36 EST 2023

Thanks, Peter. Excellent advice, even if only for any of us using Microsoft
Outlook as our mailer. I made the changes and we will see but they should
mainly impact what I see. I did tweak another parameter.

The problem for me was finding where they hid the options menu I needed.
Then, I started translating the menus back into German until I realized I
was being silly! Good practice though. LOL!

The truth is I generally can handle receiving mangled code as most of the
time I can re-edit it into shape, or am just reading it and not
copying/pasting.

What concerns me is to be able to send out the pure text content many seem
to need in a way that does not introduce the anomalies people see. Something
like a least-common denominator.

Or. I could switch mailers. But my guess is reading/responding from the
native gmail editor may also need options changes and yet still impact some
readers.