How to escape strings for re.finditer?

Peter J. Holzer hjp-python at hjp.at
Thu Mar 2 15:08:35 EST 2023

On 2023-03-01 01:01:42 +0100, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2023-02-28 15:25:05 -0500, avi.e.gross at gmail.com wrote:
> > I had no doubt the code you ran was indented properly or it would not work.
> >
> > I am merely letting you know that somewhere in the process of copying
> > the code or the transition between mailers, my version is messed up.
>
> The problem seems to be at your end. Jen's code looks ok here.
[...]
> I have no idea why it would join only some lines but not others.

Actually I do have an idea now, since I noticed something similar at
work today: Outlook has an option "remove additional line breaks from
text-only messages" (translated from German) in the the "Email / Message
Format" section. You want to make sure this is off if you are reading
mails where line breaks might be important[1].

        hp

[1] Personally I'd say you shouldn't use Outlook if you are reading
mails where line breaks (or other formatting) is important, but ...