HTTP server benchmarking/load testing in Python

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Thu Jan 26 12:29:50 EST 2023

On 1/26/2023 11:41 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 at 03:34, Thomas Passin <list1 at tompassin.net> wrote:
>> A nice theory but nothing to do with the real world.  I've had a number
>> of laptops that overheat (or would, if I let test program continue)
>> running this test program.
>
> Define "overheat". If all you're saying is "the fan began to whine and
> I got annoyed so I shut off the program", that is absolutely NOT
> overheating.

CPU core temperatures up to 95 deg C and rising rapidly, as reported by
a number of utilities including NZXT and CoreTemp.  Max junction
temperature is given as 100 deg C, and I don't want to risk reducing the
lifetime of my  CPU.

Maybe five or ten minutes at or above 100 deg C every few months might
not make a noticeable lifetime difference, who knows?  I don't want to
make a habit of it.  I wouldn't drive my car very long with a low oil
pressure warning active, either.