Re: No module named 'playsound'‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Jan 9 11:59:09 EST 2023

On 1/9/23 08:30, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 1/9/2023 9:40 AM, om om wrote:
>> I'm installing playsound pip install playsound
>> but it keeps saying No module named playsound
>> and this error occurs on other packages
>
> Did the installation by pip succeed? if not, what was the error message?
>
> "It keeps saying ...". What keeps saying that (it's not a standard error
> message from pip)? What is the code or command that causes this error
> message?
>
> You would get such a message if you tried to import a package but it had
> not been installed.  If you used pip to install a package and it
> succeeded but you could not import the package (or module), the most
> likely reason is that it got installed by a different version of python
> than the one that used pip to install it.  You may have several
> different versions of Python on your computer.
>
> You can check versions by running
>
> pip -V

As described in this reply, but to be more explicit: if a package
installed wtihout error, and then you can't import it in Python, it's
basically always a path problem.

Invoking pip the same way as you did to install, do:

pip show playsound

This will tell you where it put it. If that's not a place your Python is
looking, it won't find it.