Re: No module named 'playsound'‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Mon Jan 9 10:30:33 EST 2023

On 1/9/2023 9:40 AM, om om wrote:
> I'm installing playsound pip install playsound
> but it keeps saying No module named playsound
> and this error occurs on other packages

Did the installation by pip succeed? if not, what was the error message?

"It keeps saying ...". What keeps saying that (it's not a standard error
message from pip)? What is the code or command that causes this error
message?

You would get such a message if you tried to import a package but it had
not been installed.  If you used pip to install a package and it
succeeded but you could not import the package (or module), the most
likely reason is that it got installed by a different version of python
than the one that used pip to install it.  You may have several
different versions of Python on your computer.

You can check versions by running

pip -V

Then use the command you normally use to run Python (i.e., python3, py,
etc.) and run

py_x -m pip -V

(don't type "py_x", use the command name you normally use to run python)

If the two outputs are different, then you will know for sure that your
packages got installed to a different version of Python.  Re-install
them using "python -m pip install" instead of "pip install" - again,
make sure that you use the actual name for the python command that you
normally use.