Fwd: About the Python

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Jan 2 14:16:56 EST 2023

On 1/2/23 10:32, Thomas Passin wrote:
> Since you have an immediate need to have working installations, I
> suggest that you downgrade to an earlier version of Python. V3.11.1 is
> new and some binary libraries (such as numpy) may not be working
> correctly yet with the latest version.  Your students will not need any
> of the new features that 3.11 may provide.
>
> On 1/2/2023 12:27 AM, Ramya M wrote:

Second these comments... you don't have to be in a rush to upgrade to a
new Python if there are a lot of complex dependencies.

There's a site where you can do a quick check for some of the more
popular addons:

https://pyreadiness.org

That said, the packages you mention should be available for 3.11 -
though there could be some dependencies in your chain causing problems.

You haven't given any actionable information. "Getting errors" is a
meaningless statement without details.  People minded to help aren't
going to be able to do so.